Jun 14, 2010

shift.

One step closer, and if things go right I'll be putting the bike back together in the morning! Even though I finished the shifters and the brakes last Thursday, we've been away again and I'm just now getting the chance to post...

Both systems went smoothly, even though they were the parts I was most nervous about.  I've never done much mechanical work, and I thought a bike was a better place to start than leaving pieces of my truck all over the place. Turns out I was probably right.  With a little help from Zinn, I was able to navigate both systems pretty easily and really, they're both fairly self-evident once you get the covers off and the basic nuts and bolts out of the way.  I was proud to unravel their mysteries. Hah. A few pictures here:


No comments:

Post a Comment